Come onboard our beautiful 37 ft. catamaran in Cancun and enjoy a beautiful sailing experience to Isla Mujeres! Enjoy the crystal clear turquoise waters of Cancun and Isla Mujeres. Book online!
WHALE SHARK TOUR
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child 6-17 years
- Private Charter Price includes up to 10 people.
Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun!
The Mexican Caribbean is one of the few places where the whale sharks are close enough to shore to make boat trips possible to see them. The season begins on May 15th and ends on September 15th.
We start the morning early to prepare for our day’s adventure and return mid-day depending upon the distance we need to travel. The whale shark area is 1 to 1 ½ hours away from Isla Mujeres and approximately 60 square miles, so it may take time to locate them.
Our experienced captain and crew have the required whale shark certifications and marine biology courses and are fully bilingual.
After you swim with the whale sharks in Cancun, we head back to Isla Mujeres. If there is enough time, we will visit a nice shallow reef for snorkeling while the captain prepares a fresh ceviche.
- Professional captain and bi-lingual guide
- Snorkeling equipment
- Life jackets
- Ceviche on the beach at Isla Mujeres
- Chicken sandwich and fruit
- Waters and sodas
- Snorkeling at reef if time permits
Cancun / Playa Mujeres / Punta Sam meeting time is at 0715. The boat departs at 0800. If you are late and miss the boat there are no refunds due to limited availability.
Isla Mujeres meeting time is at 0730. The boat departs at 0800. If you are late and miss the boat there are no refunds due to limited availability.
- We recommend to take Dramamine (motion sickness medication) when you wake up in the morning before the trip. If you are seasick, your trip will be ruined and we want you to get the absolute most out of this experience!
- Don’t bring a lot of stuff. If you are with a group, please try and consolidate your things into one bag
- Use environmentally friendly sunscreen. With so many people swimming in our oceans and reef, regular sunscreen can be toxic to marine life.
Things to remember:
- It is not 100% guaranteed to find the whale sharks on the day of your trip. This tour is to give you a chance to see and swim with them. Mother nature is un-predictable and we can not guarantee that we will find the whale sharks every time.
- Weather and sea conditions play a MAJOR role for the day of your tour. The Port Authority will close the port for tours if sea conditions are unsafe but your trip will remain on schedule as long as the port is open even if conditions are not ideal. There are no refunds for sea sickness or if the waves are rough once your on the tour.
- This tour is not recommend for pregnant women or people with bad backs or injuries.
- Only swimming and snorkeling are allowed while swimming with the whalesharks and life jackets are required, no diving.
There are 2 pick up locations to accommodate guests staying in Cancun and Isla Mujeres!
Punta Sam Ferry Terminal for Cancun and Playa Mujeres
“Punta Sam” Ultra Mar Car Ferry Terminal (7:45 Departure time) Please be there 30 minutes early. If you are late and miss the boat, there are no refunds due to limited space and availability.
Restaurant Miramar (8:00 am departure time)Please be there 30 minutes early. If you are late and miss the boat, there are no refunds due to limited space and availability.